Accept your offer

Congratulations! Welcome to the UW! Success at the UW comes from active engagement in and out of the classroom.

Review financial aid and scholarships

Check your financial aid status on MyUW

View your Financial Aid Status on MyUW to see the details of your award, accept your aid, view messages, and check the status of documents you have submitted to the Student Financial Aid Office.

Check eligibility for work-study jobs

Work Study is a great way to help pay for your education while working part-time. The Federal Work Study and state-sponsored Washington State Work Study Programs give you the opportunity to work part-time while going to school. To qualify for Work Study jobs you must demonstrate financial need and have a Work Study award as part of your overall financial aid award.

Join the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards listserve and explore the scholarship database

The Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards (OMSFA) helps UW undergraduates develop the tools and personal insights necessary to match their goals with local and national merit-based scholarship opportunities. Scholarships, like the Martin Family Foundation Scholarships, are also available specifically for transfer students.

Plan for academic success

Know your departmental resources and opportunities

Each college, department, and office provides a wealth of resources. Make sure you ask your department what tutoring, advising, scholarships, research and study abroad opportunities there are available. The more you are plugged into the UW community, the more support you will have in your academic journey.

Meet regularly with your UW academic adviser

Continue to meet with your UW academic adviser! Don't just see them when you have a problem, keep in regular contact and inform them of your goal and expectations while you are here.

Utilize free UW tutors and writing centers

UW has several tutoring and writing centers that are available to you free of charge. See the full list here.

Know if you qualify to earn your associate's degree through the UW reverse transfer program

Reverse Transfer may be an option for you to receive an associate’s degree after transferring from a 2-year, lower-division institution of higher education to a 4-year institution. The University of Washington Reverse Transfer program is limited to students who have transferred from a Washington Community or Technical College to the University of Washington.

Find your community

Start applying to internships/jobs on campus

Now that you are officially a husky, you can access Handshake - the UW’s online job and internship database. You can search for internships, part-time and full-time jobs, from your computer or mobile device. Start applying today!

Explore study abroad, research, and leadership opportunities

Your time here is short so take advantage of what is available to you. Study abroad is possible if you plan ahead, funding and scholarships are also open to you to pay for your expenses abroad. Research is available to all majors and leadership opportunities are abundant here at the UW.

Apply for UW on-campus housing before the priority date to be eligible for on-campus housing

UW housing application is not available until after you have been accepted. Once you are accepted, be sure to submit your application before the priority date. Dates vary based on admission quarter so check the Housing & Food Services website to learn more.

There are two types of housing options available, 9 month and 12 month housing. 12 month housing provides more apartment-style and family housing options. Please note there are different applications and deadlines.

Visit the Commuter and Transfer Commons (CTC)

Did you know you have your own space on campus? CTC is located in the Husky Union Building, room 141 and is a dedicated space for commuter and transfer students. Resources available include...

  • Day-use lockers
  • Kitchenette and microwave
  • Changing room and lactation station
  • Rentable laptops and phone charges
  • Printing station and MORE!

Find community at Student Veteran Life, Q Center, Ethnic Cultural Center, etc

Community can be found across campus - there are established centers available to you. Student Veteran Life is located in Husky Union Building (HUB), room 206. The Q Center is dedicated to serving anyone with or without a gender or sexuality is also located in the HUB, room 315. The Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center (ECC) has a wealth of resources and opportunities available to students including student advising, organizational development, personal growth, and referrals to different departments and programs.

Get involved with a student organization (RSO)

There are many opportunities to meet people and connect your passion through a Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). Every autumn you can preview the over 900 RSOs at the Student Activities Fair at Dawg Daze.

Get involved with student government (ASUW)

The Associated Students of the University of Washington (ASUW) is the democratic voice of students that engages the campus community through programming, services, and advocacy. Interested in getting involved? There are plenty of ways for that! Whether you’re an employee, volunteer, or a participant in the different events we put on, there’s a space for everyone to find something of interest.

Chat with other transfer students on Yammer

Shortly after you have confirmed your acceptance, you will be invited to a private chat community via email to the UW Transfer Student Yammer Group (managed by UW-IT).

Give back to the transfer student community

Apply to be a Transfer Ambassador

Transfer Ambassadors (TA) serve throughout the year to help other new and current transfer students. Through volunteering and engagement opportunities this position is a flexible and is a great way to give back to the UW transfer community. Volunteer and engagement opportunities include...

  • Transfer Student Panels
  • Transfer Welcome Events at Dawg Daze
  • Transfer Focus Groups
  • And MORE!

Serve as a transfer student representative on various UW boards and governance

UW departments and student organizations like ASUW host several advisory and student boards that have a transfer student representative position. These roles are reserved specifically for transfer students! Email for more information. Examples of boards and positions include...

Transfer Student Celebration Week

Join every October us as we recognize and celebrate our UW transfer students through a week of engagement opportunities and events.

Learn more